- This event has passed.
G0108 Community Mass Care and Emergency Assistance – Montgomery – ADHR
March 24, 2020 - March 25, 2020
G0108 Community Mass Care and Emergency Assistance
Presented in partnership with FEMA, Alabama EMA, and Alabama DHR
March 24-25, 2020
Alabama Community College System – Main Office, Montgomery, Alabama
This course provides training for local communities to prepare for and manage the Mass Care/Emergency Assistance (MC/EA) functions effectively. The goal is to prepare community agencies, organizations, and businesses to work together in coordination with Emergency Management and traditional MC providers to plan and provide MC/EA services to those affected by disaster.Selection Criteria: This course is intended for MC coordinators, management staff, non-governmental organization leaders, private sector, and other emergency management staff that are a part of the team and have a responsibility for effective MC/EA preparedness and response.
- Define the four primary MC/EA services as discussed in this course.
- Describe how to determine their community’s MC/EA service resource requirements.
- Identify providers that exist in their community or can be called upon from a nearby community to meet the requirements for MC/EA.
- Name planning and operational actions that can affect how services will be provided.
- List action items to use resources and providers to meet MC/EA requirements in their community.
- Emergency Management